Monday, March 13, 2006

Thank you for your support 

Until Hugo Zoom emailed me, I didn't even know I was nominated for a Koufax award over at Wampum. So, I appreciate my intrepid regular readers for their (completely unprompted) show of support. It means a lot to me. Without y'all, I'd be just some anonymous, sarcastic blogger typing rants at odd hours in some "part of the world".

Whereas, with your reliable eyeballs, and your generous votes... I've become so much more than your average blogger. I'm a recognized online pundit! I'm a mover of opinions, if you will; a raker of muck, a gangster of political science, a lethal phrasemaker, a ... well you get the idea.

So, whatever it is that I do here that keeps bringing you back, thank you for expressing your support and approval. I'm proud to be representing the great N.O. in the "Best State and Local Blogs" category, and am continually amazed that YRHT has some regular readers. It's all the more surprising since I've been outsourcing my blogging work for the past two months to an extremely underpaid chap named Mr. Ranjan Singh over on the subcontinent. See, he has perfected some algorithms that mathematically "interpret" a set of news stories, and then automatically generate YRHT-style entries from that information. For only $13.99/month I can let his algorithms do the work while I save over 35 hours of research and writing time. Plus, I don't have to worry my beautiful mind over these unpleasant current events in Iraq and Gentilly. All my entries are now automatically uploaded while I sip gooey adult beverages by the pool. Even this seemingly personalized post was "authored" from afar. Pretty cool, huh?

So, here's a thought for next year's Koufax awards: how about a category for Best Spam Compilation. That's right, I'm talking about those spambots which infect and pollute blogs, especially here on blogspot. Normally they're just a random internet nuisance. But not always. Take, for instance, this classic post over at Tbogg. In my view, it is still piss-your-pants funny, but when you go on to read the accumulated spam in the comment section, and realize what topics from the post attracted the spambots, it takes on a whole new hilarity. Go see, but read the entire post first.
5 comments DiggIt! Del.icio.us

5 Comments:

That's the first time I've heard India referred to as "the subcontinent" since Cab Calloway in the Blues Brothers.

By Anonymous ashley, at 1:53 AM  

Oh, man! That T-Bogg entry makes we want to turn off my spam filter. The "dog coat" link was my favorite. Alas, I have enough readers who miss the point of my posts as it is. Thanks for sharing that!

By Blogger Ian McGibboney, at 4:00 PM  

Congrats on the nomination! And good luck in the voting.

By Blogger thehim, at 1:08 AM  

"a raker of muck"

I like that.

By Blogger Jonathan Versen, at 9:23 PM  

nike air max 90
nike air max 95
nike shoes
nike air
nike air shoes
nike air max tn
nike air rift
nike shox r4
sports shoes
nike air rifts
nike air rift trainer
nike air max 360
nike shox nz
puma cat
air max trainers
mens nike air max
nike air
puma mens shoes
puma shoes
puma speed
nike shoes air max
nike shoes shox
air shoes
Lucyliu IS Lucyliu
nike shoe cart
puma future
levis jeans
nike rift shoes
cheap nike air rifts
bape shoes
cheap puma
nike rift
jeans shop
diesel jeans

By Blogger John, at 2:37 AM