Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Get stung by the home team! 

The Hornets have the best record in the toughest division in the toughest conference in the NBA.

They are the league's hottest team, having won nine straight. They have an MVP candidate in Chris Paul, and have crushed the defending champion San Antonio Spurs and division leading Denver Nuggets in consecutive games by 24 points each. The highlights in the Hornets' recent so-called "contests" have been incredibly entertaining and dunkalicious. They are number one in the NBA's power rankings, and yesterday the Hornets became only the second team in NBA history to win seven straight games by a margin of 14 points or more in each triumph.

"Something very special is happening with this team," writes New Orleans Nation.

Indeed. Playing like this, CP3 and Company will become the best Hornets team ever, and could become the most successful professional sports team in the history of New Orleans.

---
Update: The Mime has more.

Labels:

16 comments DiggIt! Del.icio.us

16 Comments:

But somehow, it's like when you don't ask that hot girl out in high school because you know she'll break your heart!

By Anonymous Howie Luvzus, at 2:13 PM  

Unfortunately, Howie, too many local sports fans are taking a pathetic "Oh if only she sees how much I lover her" tact with this unfaithful trollop. This city has major self-image problems.

By Blogger jeffrey, at 2:19 PM  

"love her"

By Blogger jeffrey, at 2:29 PM  

I'll be there tomorrow night to woo that filthy trollop.

Will I have any competition?

By Blogger Cait, at 4:07 PM  

Oyster, btw, hasn't been to a game.

Yet.

By Blogger Ashley, at 4:10 PM  

I see Oyster as my main competition for the love of those fickle Hornets.

So I'm okay with that.

Hey, Oyster, I *might* be starting an FSU alumni/fan club in town. Would you be interested? NOLACleophatra is an alumna as well.

By Blogger Cait, at 4:17 PM  

I haven't been to a game yet, but I did have tix to a game but couldn't go because of something to do with parenting.

Sure cait! Of course I'd be interested.

By Blogger oyster, at 4:46 PM  

By yet...I was alluding to the fact that if I could find a babysitter who wasn't spooked by 3 kids, I'd go wif ya.

By Blogger Ashley, at 5:18 PM  

yes, i follow ya.








y

By Blogger oyster, at 5:46 PM  

Oyster and Ashley need to sack up and bring kids to Hornets games.

I do, and you see what a happy and well-adjusted person I am, right?

By Blogger Mr. Clio, at 9:43 PM  

P.S. The lunch I told you about at King Arthur (e.g. the one where the Inimitable One's Superdome idea will be aired) is all set for February 20.

By Blogger Mr. Clio, at 9:44 PM  

Um, actually I think I told you about that at Sparta.

You were in Houma, yeah, for King Arthur.

By Blogger Mr. Clio, at 9:45 PM  

All RIGHT, dudes. Bring the kids on over to Camp Chez Liprap when you head to a Hornets game. Lemme know WELL AHEAD of time.

The only thing I ask for in return is two season tix.

By Blogger Leigh C., at 7:22 AM  

how sad that one of the greatest seasons in new orleans pro sports is all but an after thought to those without cox cable.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:27 AM  

This is getting ridiculous - if people don't start buying tickets and this team moves and they win a championship in Oklahoma City I'm going nuts.

By Blogger Chris Trew, at 10:34 AM  

What about local businesses? I remember when the Saints needed to sell out to lift the blackout one season that Corporations would step up and buy a chunk of tickets.

I wonder if we can get businesses to do that this time as well.

By Anonymous Daniel Z., at 1:56 PM