Thursday, February 21, 2008
* Kevin Belton, N.O. School of Cooking, Comedian, Human Taxidermist
* Brad Edelman, Famous Photographer, Artist & former N.O. Saint
* Gio, Burlesque Queen of N.O., Star of “Stripper,” Marriage Counselor
* Nick Lopez, Comedian, Actor, Improviser and Filmmaker
* Rob Masson, News Reporter, Fox-8 WVUE-TV
* Scott Ritter, Former U.N. Weapons Inspector, Author, National Speaker
* Buddy Roemer, Former Gov. of LA, McCain Campaign Representative
Update: Clay informs us that Roemer "chickened out", probably because of the McCain/lobbyist kerfuffle.
Here are some punk and metal tunes for the under-rocked:
Buddy Roemer is working for McCain? that's the best news I've heard all week!
He's been "stumpin'" for Mac for a while now.
good to know the straight talk express is in such competent hands in LA...
More posts like this. The random music appendage is the kind of thing that makes me laugh out loud.
Also... I've been trying to make it to a Politics With a Punch event for some time now... but the concept is practically the definition of hell for Menckles. This one will be in walking distance though so... maybe.
Glad you liked this hodge podge of a post.
Reserve tix now if ya wanna go. My inside sources say there will be someone dressed up in a manner that mocks one of my favorite political whipping posts.
Punch can be fun. I enjoyed going during the governors race with my "Jindal is Bad" t-shirt :)
GiO is also former Krewe du Vieux royalty.
Nick Lopez? Dat's my homeboy.
I thought for sure someone would be all twitterpated over Scott Ritter being there.
Gio is great; am I remembering wrong, or didn't she used to have a radio show?
But seven guests and only one of them female? Lame.
Buddy Roemer chickened out...
Jefferey, within 5 minutes of the start, you'd assault the stage beat Crouere unconscious with his microphone.
GiO and Ritter were great. Lopez was OK. The rest were underwhelming.
GiO is always great. Really.